First of all, forgive me... the camera is temporarily misplaced and I can't post a picture of our cutie right now, but I will asap. But until then, celebrate with us (mostly me)-
NATHAN SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!
Yes, after seriously tanking up and nursing for a very long time yesterday evening, he finally settled in just a bit after 9pm. I went to sleep and didn't wake up until Randy's alarm after 5am. That's my first uninterrupted night since... May???
So now that I don't have a middle-of-the-night wake up call, how am I going to check on the 79 chicks brooding in our garage??? Well, they did fine last night... except for #80 that got crushed in a pile-o-chicks. That's our problem with chicks and there's nothing to be done about it. Not like chicks are bred for intelligence and we just need to get a smarter breed. And well, these birds are even dumber than your average chicken as they all nearly committed suicide by climbing into the waterer upon first arrival. A neighbor's hair drier saved their stupid fuzzy little butts.
Oh well, the good sleeper is now wanting a good meal... and he's tipping the scales at 13 lbs 4 oz at 7 weeks old. He's outgrown his first round of clothes already. They grow up so fast!
2 comments:
Hooray!! I will definitely celebrate with you about some good sleep. Way to go, Nathan!!! Keep it up. Have a wonderful weekend, you guys. Love, Allyson :)
you lucky duck you.
Post a Comment