Hoping to keep the kids from actually digging in their new digs. Hence no pictures yet of anyone but Gloria. Here it is, Holy Saturday, and I just finished putting the final bow on her dress. The boys shirts have been finished for almost an entire 2 weeks though. Praise God Easter was late this year, huh?

This dress is 100% made-to-order-Gloria. She picked the pattern and changed it to have the bow in front where she could see it. She wanted it to be a "princess dress" so it's long, to the ground actually. And it has a few layers of tulle underneath for added poofy-ness. You can see her twirling to watch it fan out. To see the boys in their duds, you'll need to wait. Possibly until after Easter. But that's ok 'cause the shirts are a bit big. I hate following patterns to a tee based on exact measurement to find them always too big. One day I'll learn to go the size smaller... that's just so daring! At least they'll grow into these! Gloria's dress is a touch big through the midsection too, but I think that is on account of the change in design. Had I followed that pattern, it would have had tie-backs to gather in some of the extra.
Oh well. All in all, everyone is happy and I just might get a nice family picture out of it too.
3 comments:
Personally I love Gloria's dress and big is good, gives you room to move. Happy Easter to each of you . . . . . peace, mercy, grace and love, Billie
Sweet! :) If I didn't have a seeminly endless supply of nice dress clothes for the kids from their grandmother, I'd consider hiring you to make digs for them too!
Can't wait to see whatever pictures you do get, Alison. :) K
So cute! You did such a good job. I hope you had a great Easter!
Amy
Post a Comment