When winners were announced, Gloria was completely unphased. I think she was busy rubbing her face repeatedly on Thumpers soft fur. Then someone handed her a ribbon (something they gave to all the 5 year olds). She lit up and said (clearly and loudly enough that we could hear her in the stands), "I won!" That brought more chuckles than just from us.
After the showmanship duties, we went and had fun. We rode "horses".
We dug in corn.
And ate lollipops.
And later that evening it was time for the fashion show. Once again, the cuteness factor was high. There were many kids and animals that you just wanted to squeeze.
And when the show was over, everyone had to be a bear.
Fun times. We went back the next night for the market lamb show. We'll be going back at least 1 more time before the fair is over. And I'm already scheming for my "Homemaker of the Year" attempt next year. :-)
Update: The following week was the awards ceremony where Gloria took 2nd place in the fashion show. Thumper was rated a 1st rate bunny meaning she was in great health and condition. So Gloria came home with a plaque, several ribbons and $5. And has decided she wants to show a rabbit AND a chicken next year. I'd like to see her make a batch of cookies or something for the domestic arts portion. I think its safe to say we've all been bit by the fair bug.
2 comments:
Looks like the fair was a success in the eyes of the children
super cute!
Post a Comment