Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Slumber Party!

 Still playing summer catch up.  But back in July, a little girl had her promised slumber party.  It wasn't for her birthday or anything.  She just wanted to have friends over for all night fun.  And it was fun!

First thing was did was make bracelets.

Then we made ice cream!  It happened to be one of the girls' birthday so we let her choose the flavor.  She opted for chocolate chip, but I thought she'd enjoy m&m.  So instead of buying chocolate chips, I bought m&ms.  There's a reason we don't have m&m ice cream available in the stores... the candy coating comes off and you just have chocolate chip ice cream with dyes mixed in for no benefit other than to mess with your head.  Oh well it was still yummy!

Then we made individual pizzas.  The girls got to roll out their own crust and add their own toppings. I had sausage, green peppers, mushrooms onions and black olives for toppings.  They had so much fun loading up their pizzas that they went over their own taste limit (which I think was probably zero to begin with) on the veggies.  So the pizzas didn't get eaten very well, but...

There was ice cream, so who cares, right?

The girls got pretty messy so by then we had each of them jump into the shower and get into jammies.  Then I painted their fingernails.  When nails were dry we rolled out the sleeping bags and set up the little movie player.  I was sure they'd fall asleep during the movie.  Nope.  At 10pm I had to say it was time to be quiet with the lights out.  And they did.  All night.

Then come morning we made pancakes.  I cut butterfly and flower shapes from them for a little extra fun.  It was a great time for everyone.

Even the boys.  It was the start of the olympics so Randy took Cap'n K and Aaron over to my mom's house to watch the opening ceremonies.  Nathan fit right in with the fun until it came to nail painting.  By then in was a feasible bedtime for him though so he got tucked in, along with the other boys who had come home.  All in all, a very fun event with some very precious girls!



No comments: