
Forgive me for leaving the topic of family and farming and venturing into politics, but I can't help it. It seems everyone is taking their own platforms to speak out... everyone but the unborn. Before you vote, please understand the difference between "pro-choice" and "pro-death". McCain personally is against abortion, but is willing to leave it to the state to decide. That means that for those who are so concerned about the mother's health and wanting abortion to be legal, an at risk mother could simply travel to which ever state would allow it. I still don't understand that. I would take a bullet for any of my kids without a second thought, so why wouldn't I risk my life for them before they're born?
But that aside, lets look at Obama's stand... make ALL abortions legal. He has vowed to make his FIRST ACT as president be throwing out the ban on partial birth abortions. This is where a baby is BORN except for the head, scissors jammed into the brain (with no anesthetic, mind you) and the brain matter is then suctioned out, killing the baby that was already mostly born. There is NO medical requirement for this as the baby is already essentially born.
His "choice" doesn't stop there. He's also vowing to REMOVE FUNDING FOR PRO-LIFE OPTIONS AND CRISIS PREGNANCY CENTERS! I don't see what the choice is there? If you're financially strapped, well, abortion is legal and free, but actually carrying the baby full-term would mean you're alone with no public assistance. Yet he is for funding pro-abortion propoganda in Mexico!
I don't care for Obama's politics, but I never thought our world would go to hell in a handbasket in a mere 4 years of his leadership... until now. It would in 1 day undo 30 years of abortion regulation. I can't help but think the judgement that should fall on our heads should this go forth. If you care about unborn life, please click on the link below. Even pro-choice does not mean taking such extreme measures of infanticide.
He plans to make abortions a required practice for all care-givers, and paid for by taxes. Again, I don't see the choice. Would I have the choice of not paying those taxes is I believe its murder? Do I have the choice to be an OB/GYN yet not kill the babies I studied to birth?
Let me point out that the Bible NEVER calls a baby a curse (or a punishment) only a blessing. I've spoken to several young, unprepared mothers who considered the abortion option and are very glad they didn't. They thought their lives were over... but are now finding they were really just beginning. And if you can't believe that, believe me when I say that I and many others are willing to take unwanted babies- therefore making EVERY CHILD A WANTED CHILD.
Your vote counts- SAVE LIFE and spread the word!
2 comments:
I really like the authors persuasive analogy of the moral vs legal question of slavery and its modern day counterpart in abortion. The more I ponder that, the more real the connection becomes.
To show the stark difference between the candidates on this issue, please consider the following scores by two contrasting groups:
John McCain - 75% Pro-Life from the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), 0% Pro-Abortion from the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL)
http://www.ontheissues.org/Abortion.htm#John_McCain
(Note: I seem to remember that NRLC gave McCain a higher score earlier, some campaign speeches may have softened their score.)
Barack Obama - 0% Pro-Life from NRLC, 100% Pro-Abortion from NARAL http://www.ontheissues.org/Abortion.htm#Barack_Obama
(Note: the 100% Pro-Abortion note from NARAL has been removed from the above link, but you can still find it if you Google for it.)
Please, vote for life. Your mother did. Thank you.
It is amazing to me how many people are willing to "hide their heads in the sand" and pretend that this is not an issue, simply because they have some unfounded notion that Obama would be better for their pocketbooks. It literally makes me sick....and sad...and frustrated because the liberal media goes out of their way to hide and distort the truth of Obama's position on abortion (and many other things for that matter). Anyway, I agree with you completely and am praying for God to move in our nation in the next week and prove all the pollsters wrong.
Post a Comment