Friday, March 6, 2009

Everything Butts

Kids are great. Last night, Randy and I were having post-dinner conversation, Gloria and Aaron (so we thought) were having a great time in Gloria's room playing with blocks. Then Gloria comes out to proudly show us the white stuff all over her hands. My 1st trimester nose quickly identified it as Desitin and I went running off to Aaron's room to find what other damage had been done. Nothing serious... then I found Aaron. Evidently Gloria thinks her brother is a butt-head. Its very difficult to discipline while laughing so I left Randy with that task and I took Aaron the bathroom to lather his head up twice though he still smells like a desitin and easily goes spikey.






Today I finally did what I have been planning to do for weeks... set Gloria up with her own clothes line. I used twine from bales of hay tied to our current pole and stapled to the garden fence... perfect GloGlo height. Then I made her (she "helped" and sat on my lap during the sewing process) her very own "clip bag" that she can wear just like Mama, but not have it drag on the ground like Mama's does when a little girl wears it. She's fascinated with the cloth baby wipes we use. We have a set for bottoms and a separate set for faces and hands for after meals. She loves to hang up and fold them all. So here she is diligently hanging her wipes. She had a great time and cried when there were no more wipes to hang. I love having her help me!

No comments: