Monday, July 27, 2009

Refusing to be Sissified

I'm waiting... for sleep... or at least bit of sleepiness to come upon the Buddy Boy. Its late. The goats are still unmilked. The pipe out of our pump that runs to the house broke last night and so we turned off the water. It not a major problem at all. And still having a hose in the pasture that can get water, I was very tempted to just go the whole day without water and let Randy fix it when he got home.

And then conviction hit... am I getting sissified??? I DON'T want to be one of those wives who can barely tie her own shoes without help from her husband. This is a simple problem of cutting out and splicing a bit of PVC. And I want to make my husband do it just because it falls under the category of plumbing? I realized all the times when a chicken pen needed mending and I conveniently let him take care of it. Or replacing light bulbs in a ceiling fan when it required taking down a bowl. Or refilling the grain barrel because the bags of grain are a little on the heavy side. No. I can handle this little repair. I will not be sissified.

So we've already ventured to see our friends at the hardware store... which exilerated the little man and so his morning nap is looking a bit delayed. And I'm itching to get started at this thing.

Though I'm not excited to be sitting in the pasture with Chuck running around. He's gotten to be a bully and will see his last meal Saturday morning. Then he becomes the meals. I've watched him totally throw Annabelle right onto her back, slam goats against the barb wire fence and he's tried to charge me a few times. His days are numbered. But hopefully he'll be busy with something else while I'm sitting in there with my back turned to him.

Oooo... a slight wimper and an eye rub. Here we go.

No comments: