Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pacifier- Muffin Style



None of our kids have ever taken to pacifiers. Nathan especially. He gagged everytime I tried to give him one. But not this one. One day last week, he was grumpy and needing a nap. I was trying to tend to the older kids who were still hungry and Nathan would not be consoled. Finally, I took the spoon that I had used to spoon out peanut butter into the kids lunch bowls (apples and peanut butter are a favorite lunch) and simply popped it right into that gapping, wailing mouth. He closed his mouth around it and smiled sweetly. When I grabbed the camera, he then had to pose, hence the squinty eyes, but this kid didn't squawk once, the rest of the time. I prepped a milk cup, changed his diaper and put him to bed, all with that spoon in his mouth. Not. A. Peep. I recently added a little notebook and a bag of crayons to my purse for the event we're detained someplace. I'm wondering if I should add a jar of peanut butter and a spoon to it too.

No comments: