Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bonafide 1st Grader

Today was the 1st day of 1st grade for a 1st born. I expect this grade will go a mite slower than kindergarten. In kindergarten she ate up what I could dish at her and frequently wanted to keep working when all the assigned pages were completed.

So that meant she finished kindergarten in half the time.

So we rolled right on into first grade. And with the big ole box of new books that were under the tree for her, there was no keeping her until January 3 or whenever the unwritten rules say when we should start.

She's now doing math, phonics, language arts, spelling and handwriting. In a couple of those subjects, the first pages were basically busy work like basic coloring and extremely easy questions. Meaning it took her FOREVER to complete. Seriously, the girl's got my artistic flare... or lack there of. Coloring over burdens her and she'll dilly dally and putz around and then eventually ask if she can just skip that part. And I say yes because I wouldn't want to be bothered with it either. So when she's in 10th grade and still can't color inside the lines, you can blame me entirely.

1 comment:

p&k said...

Love this, alison. I hate coloring too!