Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A vow

The revelation that our summer is half through has lit a spark under my tooshie.  I've started planning our upcoming school year where in I will actually be held accountable to our vow to home educate our children.  Consider that vow #1.  Now that Gloria is 6 and formal education is compulsory, I have submitted our letter of intent to homeschool and one year from now will submit an evaluation done by a state-certified teacher.  The fun begins in earnest very soon.

I digress.

So in planning the school year, I realized that I will have next to no time for projects.  Consider that revelation #2.  So I planned the rest of the summer so that I finish all the things I'd like to finish (outside of Saturdays that is) for the rest of the year.  Catching up on blogging is on that list.  I have my list of no fewer than 9 posts to do for this blog and another 8 posts for the homesteading blog.  My goal... to have them done by August 20th.  The vow... vow #2 that is... is to blog 3 times a week until August 20th. 

And as much as I love you, my readership, I don't do this for you.  This is for my children to look back on one day and remember the adventures we've had.  I know my followers are few.  I kinda like it that way.  I don't want them growing up and never knowing how much I treasured their little sayings, the way each of them said "Daddy", the way they looked holding baby goats, or the squeals that erupted at the sight of baby bunnies.  And I want to remember.  I always think I will... but I don't.  I won't.  This is important to us, and I'll find a way to do it.

Especially if some brilliant inventor out there will conjure up a mozzarella maker.

No comments: