Friday, January 18, 2008

Feeling for Annie

I'm glad Annie's a goat and can't understand all my comments about how huge she is. I just realized that for months now, people have been thinking my due date is just around the corner. I would try to suppress the hiss and scratch sarcasm when replying that, no, I'm just big. But I've been doing the same thing to poor Annabelle. Can't a goat who has already had 4 sets of twins be allowed to just be big? Does it have to mean that she's going to kid any minute? And even after she kids, I think I'll just give her the right to be "big". Of course, with that size is strength... more strength than I can handle right now. I'm a bit apprehensive about milking her for the first time. I hope I won't need to until after Aaron's born. She might be a "dwarf", but she's got some power in her short little legs. No wonder she's gotten moody- even the one who should be the most understanding of her situation has been ribbing her about a "drooping belly". I think I'd show that I'm large and in charge too.

No comments: