So, its only Monday, but I can already say the week is going better. I'm considering renaming Cocoa "Sparky"... especailly since her cohort "Carob" is no longer around. If you don't know, carob is a chocolate substitute that many health food gurus enjoy. This morning Cocoa/Sparky made me practically dance with delight. First of all, to give the full picture, Aaron has been taking morning naps and missing doing outside chores with us ever since we moved him into the big boy bed. Well, today, he only sat in bed and babbled so I got him up and took him outside with us, hoping he wouldn't get too grumpy before I at least had milking done. The goal is to get him back to one nap a day which would be simultaneous with Gloria's. So, his NOT napping is GOOD thing!
I had a goat on the milking stand, both kids playing nearby. Cocoa's pen was open and she was free as a bird though I was not concerned with her venturing far in her drunken-like state. And yet I suddenly feel a nuzzle on my leg. I look down to see Cocoa trying desperately to find a bottle nipple on my leg! She walked all the way across the back yard- a tremendous improvement for her! Then she also actually expressed that she wanted something! Again, this is so good to see! I asked Gloria to go in and get her bottle from the fridge which she did. Then I showed Gloria how to feed her- they both did great! It was such a wonderful sight to see... my little girl bottle feeding a goat who just a few days ago was near death, the goat eating voraciously enough to not be disturbed by her feeder's less than perfect feeding style and my little boy gently patting Cocoa's back. Sorry I don't have pictures. It made Gloria's day to feed Cocoa. It made mine to watch Cocoa walk, still a little wobbly and slow, but walking nonetheless, a decent distance and eat so eagerly. Cocoa and Wednesday are now sharing one side of the pasture together. Gloria and Aaron are now napping simultaneously, and I'm ready to tackle my "inside chores" with a happy heart. Tomatoes and collard greens are stretching their roots in a freshly laid garden bed. Pretty yellow blossoms speckle the watermelon plants. Life is good... and simple pleasures abound.
No comments:
Post a Comment