Saturday, October 17, 2009

familial update

since nathan's not the only member of the family, i thought i'd update on everyone. forgive the shorthand- i mostly type 1-handed now.

aaron's been a sleepy little goof ball. and the banana growers are wondering over the sharp decrease in sales. while he used to pack in as many naners as i would let him, now he turns his head away and says "oh" (no). in fact he's turning up his nose at most things now, but when i try to take him out of his high chair, he screams and yanks his tray back on. so i let him sit... for hours sometimes, in his high chair, sucking his thumb and playing with his ear. Odd... yep, but he seems to be happy.

Gloria just got a hold of my rotary cutter that I use for cutting fabric, took it into the bathroom (probably so i wouldn't see her w/ it), completely took it apart and sliced open her finger on it. she came nonchalantly into our room, dropped the pieces on my sewing desk and tried to escape notice. blood was all over her hands and shirt and i freaked. randy was the one to find the cut- a small one- and cleaned her up. for all the blood there was i would have thought she sliced her juggular. i'm glad my husband can keep his wits about him. after learning she was fine, i was furious! again, i'm glad my husband can keep his wits and administered the discipline instead of me. she won't be doing that again! But honestly, I share that story because its very Gloria- doing whatever her parents are doing only with 10 times the enthusiasm. She helped me this morning mix sawdust into the compost in the garden and scattered some radish seeds. She also helped me water fruit trees. And she helped Randy milk this morning, can walk Noel back to the pasture (Fudge is still a bit rambunctious for her) and fills Wednesday's hay bucket everyday. And she does it all in style... that is she wears one pink boot and one black boot. Just for fashion sake. She's fun incarnate... and a little bit of wackiness too.

Randy is currently studying for his engineering exam which he takes a year from now. He's trying to dedicate a few hours each Saturday to studying so that its not an overwhelming task as the exam date approaches. Sometimes he shares some practice problems with me and I kindly remind him its been more than 10 years since I took calculus. Yes... that does make me feel a little old.

I'm slowly recovering... and I emphasize slowly. I still walk slowly. Today I put Nathan in the Moby wrap and weeded the whole fall garden, planted some cabbage and brussels sprout transplants and spread out a few other seedlings into more cups. That did me in... and it was only 10:30! I spent the rest of the day sewing extra cloth wipes... an extra bottom to wipe means I run out of wipes long before I run out of diapers... that is until Nathan and Aaron are in the same size diapers.

Nathan slept 7 hours the other night. Good sleep is in sight! and he's doing well in all other aspects as well.

The critters are doing well. The roosters are getting highly annoying. We're offing them the first chance we get. We're scrapping the hatch-our-own-chicks idea and am sticking with mail ordering for the time being. We may try again another day... when we have less on our plate (ha!)

Till next time...

1 comment:

Katie Coons said...

I'm impressed as always! Good for you-- it's 11:15 and I'm tired and I haven't done anything but upload blog pictures today!