Then I finished Nathan's quilt top. The "quilt" is not done as I still have to attach the back with the batting, but I'm not doing that until after he's born and I can crawl on the floor a bit easier. Frankly, I'm pleased with myself that I got the top done before he was
born. Depicted are pictures of different things we have growing here: chickens, ducks (started while we had 3 and expected more... now we're down to one), pumpkins (don't look like our heirloom Seminole Pumpkins, but oh well), orange trees (our's are much smaller with significantly less fruit), sunflowers, and goats (the goat's tail is a real piece of the hide from our goat Sundae whom we had to put down last December). The fabric is almost entirely stuff I had on hand. I have Chinese silk (the red) that I brought back from China, suede cloth which I use in diapers (made a nice fuzzy goat and duck) and other random scraps from projects over the last few years.
And I picked up a bottle of castor oil today which will likely be consumed Saturday morning if nothing kicks into gear before then. So stay posted. This baby will be born this weekend.
2 comments:
I love the quilt...so adorable. I ended up getting a Moby wrap when I had Nathanael, and nursing would have been fine if he didn't freak out about having his head covered. I like it a lot for extended periods of time - my back was never bothered much by it - my only real complaint was how warm I got with it, but I guess it shouldn't be much different than your Maya wrap in that department. Can't wait to see pics of your newest bundle! Still praying for you.
Alison! I hope your in labor now and things are going well. It's Saturday afternoon. This morning I not only shattered the 15-mile barrier I ended up running 16.5 miles (long story why), but at least at one point in the run I thought about you perhaps being in labor for motivation. Good luck this weekend!
Post a Comment