Monday, September 21, 2009

So I lied again



Yup, another pregnant post. And on top of that, I had said Nathan would be born this weekend. But when Saturday morning came, we just didn't feel like we were supposed to do the castor oil thing. God was saying to let my body at least start things on its own. Sunday afternoon contractions started kicking in fairly regularly, but not too intense. They let up and let me sleep some, kicked in again for a couple hours in the middle of the night then quit again for another round of sleep. They started up again this morning, but again, not intense enough to push out a good sized baby. So we prayed about taking castor oil today and all feels right. My midwife was totally supportive of the idea and so the deed is done. This afternoon, evening, or sometime hopefully pre-midnight, this baby will be out and all will be well. Meanwhile, I had a friend say that Nathan was holding off on coming out until I had a picture of my belly. So, here it is. Now you can see why I don't post pictures of my pregnant self too frequently. I'm in my work clothes as we just came in from doing chores (or rather Randy was doing chores and I was slowly walking around making sure everything was wet enough to forgo me actually doing any chores). And I'm watching my daughter imitate me through a contraction as well. Her five babies are pushing on her tummy too.


Until next time...

2 comments:

Allison Reynolds said...

Hooray!! A picture of your awesome belly. You would never remember stretching that big...but now you have proof!

Carrie said...

You look fabulous...can't wait to hear!