There's nothing to report of any significance. I'm just procrastinating on the inevitable- prying my butt from this seat. All is well- or I should say, I'm well. The kids, while their little bout of sickness was much less severe, are still a little drippy and coughy. Randy's bee stings are healed up... though Copper is still able to go wherever he chooses in the pasture. So, Noel and Fudge might get bred at about the same time- not our preference, but so be it. Wednesday, on the other hand, we'd like to allow some more growth time for. She's currently the challenge. We have her on a long tether during the day and put her in the dilapidated kid pen at night (which she always shares with Pretty Duck because Pretty Duck gets in there before she does). We're concerned about putting her in the front yard in the electric fencing again because then she'll have no sight of any other goats and could get lonely. Goat psychology... very complex.
Yesterday was a rather stressful day, trying to get a million things done, get the kids down for early naps so they could be bright eyed for an afternoon with Grandma, and run several errands on my way to 2 appointments. Right in the middle of the hubub, I noticed a wet spot on Gloria's carpet. After much questioning, I was able to deduce that Gloria has been peeing in her room whenever she gets the whim. No, it doesn't smell, but I'm also not about to get down and sniff- I wouldn't get back up. That was all I needed to know to flip me over the brink. After a melt-down and the sad realization that I would NOT be getting ANYTHING done, I decided to spend nap time sitting on my duff and figuring out Christmas presents, patterns and yardages needed, etc. I was happy to drop the kids off with my mom and be on my merry way with an empty car. A visit to the chiropractor followed by a visit with my midwife, followed by a nice trip to JoAnn's and a smoothie shop with my husband and I was back ready to face the kids and the laundry and the dishes and pee-carpet. Its amazing what a little time away will do. Praise God for grandparents!
And now employ the crow bar- Heave Ho!
1 comment:
I am so thankful none of my kids have ever taken to relieving themselves other than in a diaper or the toilet....I know I would have had a melt-down, too. I tried looking for that broadcast you mentioned, but didn't see it on Focus on the Family's website...is there a specific place to look for it? I think would be interested in a humorous spin on things that would otherwise cause me to lose it :).
Post a Comment