Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still Waiting

If you had told me a week ago that I'd still be pregnant, I probably wouldn't have believed you... or I would have sat down and cried. But here I am, 4 days past my due date (I've never made it to my due date before) and still pregnant. Still having mild contractions. Maybe about every 20 minutes or so today. All the contractions from Monday were totally castor oil, I think. Only one dose of castor oil is safe as more puts the baby at risk of pooping too... not a good thing to swim in your own poop... or anyone else's poop for that matter.

Randy took Monday off, kids spent the night at Grandma's, we went for lots of walks, had lots of good contractions... then it all wore off and I slept all night. Randy took Tuesday off too thinking they'd kick back in. Nope. But we had a great day playing at the beach with the kids and finishing our paper route really early. After hearing the suggestion from 2 people, I made macaroni and cheese for dinner last night, intending to top it with A1 or Heinz 57 sauce (supposedly induces labor). Well, it was homemade mac and cheese made with whole spelt flour and brown rice noodles... and we didn't have any steak sauce, but Worcestershire sauce is the main ingredient and we did have that. I ate a bite to say that I did.

Today, Randy's back at work (after graciously doing the animal chores for me again). I'm so sick of nesting I could spit. I've decided he MUST be waiting for his quilt to be finished. So that's the job for today- crawling around on my hands and knees to piece together the back then madly machine quilt it before nightfall. Sound good?

No comments: