Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ok, so maybe I do nest

I've had a sudden burst of energy... and I have to admit that, yes, I've been nesting. But where does every OTHER species in the world build their nests? Yes, outside. And so I spent from 8-3 outside yesterday slamming out the last remaining projects I wanted to have done before the little man is born.

By evening I could barely walk. My hips and legs were so tired from countless trips around the yard, carrying this body with an extra... ahem... (we'll just say 30+) pounds. Kneeling, standing, sitting, standing, squatting, standing, bending, standing. It took its toll. Last night I had serious problems rolling over in bed. Getting up to go to the bathroom practically took a forklift.

But I'm doing ok now. I had a leisurely morning. I did my normal chores in the slightly cooler temps that the rain clouds afforded me. And now I get to do a few hours of butt jobs before rolling and throwing 2200 newspapers.

I still have a few things to do, like wash the seat covers to the swing and infant car seat, dig out the newborn clothes and sort them out, figure out where the bassinette is going to fit in our room, pull together all the random items I'll need for birth.

But the sudden burst of energy and franticness... well, it just isn't making it past the garage.

And I'm ok with that.

No comments: